Medical Leadership Diploma
This is taught through contact time with our team of Doctors:
- Superb clinicians who demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism, outstanding clinical competency and problem-solving skills, and the ability to understand and utilize basic science in the clinical setting.
- Curious and creative thinkers with the ability to utilize available resources to answer clinical and research questions and to assess informational critically.
- Lifelong adult learners with the ability to take ownership of their own present and future educational needs.
- Physicians who continue to be passionate about medicine and about making a difference, who are involved in and appreciate efforts to improve the health of local and global communities, and who see medicine as a profession that seeks to address issues of social justice.
- Physicians committed to understanding the sociological, psychological and economical issues of the patient, the family and the community.
- Future leaders eager and able to play leadership roles in their chosen field of medicine.
To achieve this, our program is:
- Competency-based, through the development and assessment of core competencies and coaching.
- Provides for integration of basic and clinical science, both horizontally (across disciplines) and vertically (across years) throughout .
- Provides an early introduction of clinical medicine.
- Provides an in-depth discovery phase that will enhance creativity, curiosity and the development of leadership skills.